Monday, February 9, 2009

Chocolate Week 3

Before starting this blog, I've actually already had varying types of chocolate for three weeks, hence chocolate week 3.

In that time, I've sampled chocolate by Marks & Spencer (the swiss dark chocolate mountain bar or something ridiculous like that), Kinder, some bear-shaped milk filled chocolates by Mister Choc, some random German brand of a milk chocolate and hazelnut bar, and a cadbury dark chocolate creme filled milk chocolate bar.

Marks & Spencer was a decent, if somewhat generic Toblerone-ish ripoff.

I loved Kinder, but that doesn't surprise me too much, since Kinder is actually a subdivision of Ferrero - and they, the Italian geniuses that they are, make the Ferrero Rocher gold ball chocolates as well as the one and only spread you will ever need for bread:


Yes, nutella.

This past Saturday (7/02), I purchased the following:


the above is effectively a tastier form of snickers - the nougat is legitimately nougat and not some pathetic fluffy substitute. granted, mister choc in general isn't exactly the highest quality stuff (I will not be buying this again)... Mister choc is apparently owned by Lidl, which explains the not-so-high quality of both of the chocolates that I bought.


I think this might actually be a dietary supplement/snack thing for children, but it is pretty delicious. It's a sort of cookie/chocolate creme/cookie sandwich covered in a layer of chocolate, and apparently, it's a good source of calcium. McVitie's, the brand that makes the above snacks, also seems to make other healthy-ish snacks called digestives... I guess for people who don't get enough fiber...



These (the Schogetten squares) are both pretty sweet. When it said Nougat on the purple package, I thought they actually meant Nougat. But actually, it's just a sweet, almond-buttery filling (sort of like reeses except it's almond based). Yes, I was quite disappointed. The other one, the milk chocolate and hazelnut, was pretty run of the mill, but, of course, not worse than Hershey's.

1 comment: