Monday, February 16, 2009

Cadbury Wispa

I was grocery shopping today and saw one just sitting there. Being the chocolate junkie that I am, I didn't even think twice before throwing one into my basket:


Apparently, the Wispa first debuted in 1981 and carried on until Cadbury discontinued this particular line of chocolate bar in 2003 (apparently they resold it as "dairy milk bubbly"... which is sort of an awkward name for a candybar, imo). Due to popular retro appeal, its original name, Wispa, was brought back (apparently it reminds people of the good ol' '80s...).

"Aerated Milk Chocolate Bar". Indeed:



It's definitely different from the Aero - bubbles are a lot smaller, creating a rather interesting effect on the taste of the chocolate. Which is to say, it tastes stale and (sort of like aeros) light... and it tastes less disturbingly sweet than Aeros do. I'm honestly not sure which I prefer - Wispas or Aeros - but in general, I think I'm going to stay away from this type of chocolate...

I think this is another case of lower chocolate:penny ratio, aka lower chocolate density per square centimetre.

I need to go back to higher density chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment