Friday, February 20, 2009

the Cadbury Crunchie and then some.

o, me and my whims. my whims and i.

i went out today, just about dying from my lack of any real chocolate sustenance yesterday, hellbent on buying myself some sweet (sorry, nutella. i love you, but you haven't quite made it to the status of sustenance yet. still only a condiment - albeit, an extremely, extremely tasty one.).

i had to do grocery shopping, which brought me to lidl, where they (gasp!) not only STILL had the 1 pound for a brand-spankin'-new jar of nutella (which of course i purchased... since it isn't much sustenance, a large portion of it disappeared yesterday during my most unfortunate chocolate fast), and.... (drumroll please) 4 buenos + 1 free bueno for the fabulous price of 1.26 pounds. or something like that.

after checking out, i was sort of feeling... (well, i think this blog has established my greediness in the realm of chocolate...) energized/empowered by my chocolate acquisition (oh, how unbearably bougie i am sometimes), so i went over to mccoll's, per john's advice, to buy myself some of the greatly coveted Thornton's.

so i did that.

and then i spied with my little eye this little fella here:


and didn't even bother attempting to resist its lure, because let's be honest here, what's the point? i'd probably eventually buy it anyway; this way i'm just saving myself a trip...

(self-control? oh yeah, what about it?)

so a crunchie looks like this on the inside:


it says honeycomb, but i think a more accurate description would be dehydrated honey (sort of like dehydrated ice cream) except it has a nicer, crispy crunchiness to it, which, i think, makes its name quite appropriate.

i haven't been too keen on a lot of the more recent choc bars, but i was quite pleased with this. it also errs on the sweet side, but it's not a sickly sweet - it's honey sweet, which i really enjoy.

i won't post on it today, but you've probably already surmised, quite accurately, that i broke into the thornton's.

oh. my. sweet. heavens.

let's just say that, between the buenos, the thornton's, and the crunchie, my trashcan is currently the site of what looks like an intense chocolate wrapper orgy.

1 comment: