Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cadbury Double Chocolate Fingers

To make Ivy feel better, I shall update! :)

So the last 2 days, I ate a box of Cadbury Double Chocolate Fingers. This is the last of the three £1 Cadbury bars/boxes that I bought from Sainsbury's two weeks ago (I've been exercising self-restraint).

I opened the box on Monday and was appalled.


DUDE! This is the love I get for £1?! Seriously, Cadbury, you dropped the ball on this one.

Ok, maybe they taste ridiculously good...

I tried my first finger. Firstly, I was not expecting a chocolate-covered biscuit (why yes, I am illiterate and I did not read the small print on the back suggesting me to "enjoy these chocolate-covered biscuits with tea"). Instead, I was expecting a solid chocolate finger. Secondly,... chocolate-covered biscuit?! The biscuit itself resembles a vanilla wafer in terms of texture and lightness. However it is chocolate-flavored. And of course, it is dipped in the classic Cadbury milk chocolate with which I have familiarized on too familiar terms. I feel like I've had these so-called Cadbury Double Chocolate Fingers before in the States but I couldn't put my finger on it. Food déjà vu (déjà mangé?), seriously.* Arghh. Perhaps some variety of cereal.

Since I received such a paltry quantity, I finished the box in 2 days (only because I controlled myself). Tasty, don't get me wrong. But dude, I did not come to Britain for this.

*Oh yea, Ivy told me that these are sold in the US. I guess I wasted £1, although I am 99% sure I never purchased these before. It was a somewhat new experience for me, but folks, please accept my apologies for misfiring, if you knew all along.

2 comments:

  1. you will be happy to note that SO FAR today, i have managed not to eat any chocolate sweet... don't worry though - i've been dying to go and buy more (literally, just barely restraining myself to sit down and reread hamlet instead) and have been putting huge lumps of nutella on my biscuits as a substitute.

    i'd place bets that i eat some kind of chocolate bar before 12pm tonight.

    ReplyDelete