Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thorntons Milk Chocolate Smothered Fudge, Raisins, & Toffi-Chocs

Been eatin' without reviewin'.

I had these a while back.

Yea, they were on sale at McColl's/BoozeBusters. It was my first Thorntons experience, so I had unnecessarily high expectations.

Like the package says, there were 3 types of chocolate-covered candy in there: fudge balls, raisins, and toffee balls.

I liked the fudge balls. This was the first time I ever had vanilla fudge. Quite smooth and soft I must say. I enjoyed these thoroughly. The vanilla flavor wasn't strong at all; I had to read the box to figure out that they were supposed to be vanilla. But I still enjoyed 'em.

The raisins were just like Raisinets. I loved them anyway, because I'm a raisin freak. However, nothing special here, move on.

The toffi-chocs... these are one of the things that Thorntons is famous for. I ABSOLUTELY LOATHED EATING THESE. Granted, I'm not a sticky candy fan to begin with, so I found these ESPECIALLY ANNOYING to eat. The most frustrating part was the chocolate-coveredness making the vanilla fudge balls and the toffi-choc balls indistinguishable until I bit into them, so I couldn't even pick them out! Argh. I only hated these because I don't like sticky candy (and these things were sticky as hell). If you like toffee, you'll probably be fine. But god. I don't like throwing away food, but I started throwing away some toffi-chocs near the end. I couldn't take it. Objectively speaking, they were alright, not overly sweet, but a softer consistency (like caramel) would've been preferable.

That's what the candies look like. I ate all of them before I could take a picture, so you'll just have to settle for the side of the box.

As for the Thorntons brand of milk chocolate, it's pretty good. It's not as milky as Cadbury's. But further Thorntons testing is needed for me to get a better sense of its taste.

3 comments:

  1. *mournfully*

    you threw away perfectly good chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really don't like the toffi-chocs. i only threw away like 3 balls. nothing serious. i was feeling the pences go in the bin, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *feels slightly better*

    (because i've been thinking about that for days and days...)

    ReplyDelete