Monday, March 23, 2009

Cadbury Picnic

I bought a 4 pack of these for £1 when I was in Sheffield earlier this month. They look like turds, especially so since I got the full size bars (texture AND size resembled a turd!). However, they make up for their appearance in their taste.

It's got a bit of everything that might be good for you: peanuts, raisins, and cereal. Thus, eating a Picnic is like eating a Quaker Chewy bar, except covered in milk chocolate (and OK, there's some caramel inside to reaffirm its classification as candy and not health bar). Due to the caramel, the bar is quite chewy and moist, and not as crunchy as a granola bar. The raisins are well integrated in the bar -- I can taste them and their squishiness exploding in my mouth, but when I look at the cross section of the bar, I can't find them! Then again, it is quite a mess of cereal+caramel+peanut+raisin deliciousness.

Since it's got real carbohydrates, this bar is quite substantial and can fill you up while giving you a sugar crash. Also, it's quite easy to fool yourself that you're eating healthy because of the cereal+peanut+raisins. Mmm... healthy chocolate... mmm I've been deceived...mmm I think I'll doze off right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment