Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Milka

I purchased 4 Milka bars from Sainsbury way back in the day and finally finished them a couple weeks ago. I've only seen Milka sold in Sainsbury around here, but I noticed almost every grocery/convenience store I shopped at in the rest of Europe carried Milka. From what I understand it originated in Germany and capitalizes on its use of milk from alpine cows. Alpine cows are purple apparently!

Alpine Milk Chocolate Cream
Creamy, as one may guess. Thus a very soft bar. No slightly bitter aftertaste as is sometimes the case with Cadbury milk chocs.

Hazelnut
Creamy like the Milk Chocolate Cream, but with chopped hazelnuts! Delicious taste and perfect texture/composition throughout. I think this bar stuck a perfect landing in the nut+chocolate competition. Cadbury was a bit too ambitious with solid nuts in their Fruit and Nut, in retrospect.

Dark Chocolate
I know I bought 4 bars of Milka, but I'm only about 50% sure that Dark Chocolate was one of them. Thus, my appraisal of this bar will be full of maybes. If I can't remember the name, it maybe wasn't memorable. But I remember this bar being bitter maybe, but not bitter enough to be legit dark chocolate.

Happy Cows
Happy Cows is a milk chocolate bar with white chocolate spots. Being a fan of both types, I thought I was in for a delightful treat. However, this didn't live up to my expectations. I didn't taste the white chocolate, and the whole bar had a slightly bitter aftertaste. It was ok, but definitely not great. Liked the concept and name, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment