Monday, April 27, 2009

Kinder Country and Ferrero/Kinder Duplo

Chocolate-eating takes no breaks, especially when touring Europe. In fact, chocolate-eating is highly encouraged whilst visiting foreign countries.

Unfortunately the chocolates I tried were just varieties of Kinder that I haven't found in the UK. But chocolate is still chocolate, even if I shop like I'm skint (used a British-ism there!).

Kinder Country
Purchased this from Penny Markt in Vienna and started eating it on the lonnnngg train ride from Vienna to Berlin via Nurnberg (Nuremburg). I took this picture, get it?! Get it?! Kinder Country with the German/Austrian countryside in the background?! Oh that's a knee slapper!

(We are also in no way affiliated with AAA, nor do we endorse their products, but their Tour Books are really damn helpful.)

ANYWAY, Kinder Country itself is your classic Kinder chocolate (milk chocolate outer with a white, milky inner), except it's laced with chunks of rice cake (you know, those Quaker rice cakes. Yea.). Personally, I think the rice cake chunks killed the feeling. Not very well-integrated and at times, just weird. Meh. Kinder chocolate still made me happy though!

I also want to note that it took me a little over 2 weeks to go through this 9er, and I was even sharing with my travel buddies. Yea, I'm pretty good at rationing chocolates. In fact, I ate two of these bad boys on the very last day because I was bored in Milan-Bergamo airport, and at Manchester airport while waiting for the bus.

Digressions, sigh.

Kinder/but originally Ferrero (methinks) Duplo
Acquired these in Rewe, a Penny Markt-esque store in Berlin and went halfsys with Ivy on this. They look like chocolate-covered logs with a wafer inside. Definitely some Nutella action going on. Wafer was not that wafer-y, but more chocolate-y. And sooo delicious. Duplos are awesome, and a cleaner eat than Kinder Buenos. Oh no, I think I might have a new favorite Kinder product...

Just did a Google search for an image and noticed that Duplos may also come in a form that looks A LOT like the Bueno. Hmms...

1 comment:

  1. kinder = best brand for lay chocolate, ever.

    cadbury can take a long walk off a short pier.

    ReplyDelete