Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry

Before I went on break, I tried a limited edition Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry due to a tip I got from a loyal reader. (Yes, we have loyal readers! Plural!). Aside from trying as many chocolates as possible, usually the commercial stuff (Ivy "specializes" in the high class chocolaterie-type chocolates), I've also been trying to get every limited edition McFlurry.

I've never had a Cadbury Creme Egg before, so I don't know how "faithful" this McFlurry was to the candy. However, you can see that it looks like what I imagine a cracked and crumbled Cadbury Creme Egg sprinkled over McDonald's soft-serve ice cream. Here's a little secret I'll let you in on (but you could probably figure it out): this McFlurry was made by sprinkling pre-crumbled chocolate pieces and squirting caramel (or whatever the "yolk" is made out of) in a seemingly irregular fashion -- in other words, no Cadbury Creme Egg was actually used! This isn't supposed to be surprising, but I felt like sharing anyway.

Back to the taste. It was a little melty since I waited until I got back to my room to consume this (after, of course, taking multiple pictures of it). But it was the typical run-of-the-mill McFlurry. It probably didn't taste much like a Cadbury Creme Egg mixed with ice cream; at least, this was the case with the Yorkie McFlurry I had ages ago (tasted NOTHING like a Yorkie!). But I digress. The chocolate flakes were quite flaky, and a little powder-y? As for the "yolk," it tasted like caramel (is that correct for the yolk?). In the typical McFlurry fashion, the chocolate flakes and the yolk were weaved throughout the ice cream, but there wasn't a lot of either, so the McFlurry tasted like someone took a sundae with toppings added on and just stirred it with a spoon for a bit, as opposed to, say, chocolate and caramel ice cream.

Overall, good dessert for £1.19. It certainly is what you pay for.


1 comment:

  1. right after swearing off cadbury, i went out and bought two of their eggs (one caramel and one fondant/yolk-looking filling).

    ... after realizing that i couldn't post on it for a month, so as not to appear like a hypocrite (a myth i dispel right now), i went ahead and ate both of them anyway.

    ReplyDelete