Friday, December 18, 2009

Hark! Baileys Original Irish Cream Truffle Bar

So,

I was watching my mom go through the pantry a couple days ago to fetch some tea when.. WHEN...

I SAW MY BELOVED, BUT FORGOTTEN, BAILEYS ORIGINAL IRISH CREAM TRUFFLE BAR STASHED IN THE BACK!

"Mom! Don't close the pantry door just yet!"

I salvaged my precious and looked at her (my chocs tend to be "she"s), a little sad that I had forgotten about her all these months. I checked her expiration date: October 2009. Regardless, I decided to try her. Maybe she got better with age, since she is filled with real Baileys (erm... Baileys is not wine but let's pretend it also gets better with age).

Took a bite of the darling. Surprisingly tasted similar to those NASTY IRISH CREME HERSHEY KISSES I had bought from Target last week, except not as ... chemical-y. At least this was enjoyable to a degree. From what I understand, based on the depiction on the classy packaging (cardboard box oh la la!), the inside is supposed to be a little gooey, but the moisture has since disappeared. Now the consistency of the inside is roughly the same as that of the outside -- moderately soft chocolate. Disappointing, but entirely my fault.

I did enjoy the 1% alcohol content and was amused that this choc is "not recommended for children." Heh... you know it's good.

Oh and while I'm talking about chocolates in England that I brought back to the US because I couldn't finish them, I also tried Fox's Echo bars. Very good. I loved the solid biscuit base and minty flavor -- then again, I like mint chocolates that taste like toothpaste sometimes :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment